Fire Prevention Week Reaching over 600 Children
Carrollton VFD had the great pleasure of putting on several school visits for this year’s Fire Prevention Week, in which the theme was “Cooking safety starts with you!” With visits to several daycares in Carrollton and Carrollton Elementary School, the message remains the same for one and all. Fire Prevention is not just a one week thing in the year, but something year round.
- Check your smoke detectors monthly
- Change your smoke detector batteries twice a year (when you change your clocks)
- Have and practice home fire drills. If you have school aged children, perform home drills whenever your kids participate in school fire drills
- Keep the kitchen safe and clean. Cover cooking fires with a large lid or metal cover
- Ensure you have charged and in date fire extinguisher(s)
- Review the use of 911 with little ones as well as basic first aid and CPR.
Don’t forget to check out our Fire Safety Center here!